Release 2010b Service Pack 2 is now available.
Service packs provide updates to previously released versions of MathWorks products. Release 2010b Service Pack 1 (R2010bSP1), released March 17, 2011, includes bug fixes to 10 products and updates to 4 products to ensure compatibility with other products in this release. Release 2010b Service Pack 2 (R2010bSP2), released April 5, 2012, includes bug fixes to 7 products. Products that do not include bug fixes or compatibility updates are unchanged from R2010b versions. R2010bSP1 and R2010bSP2 are fully compatible with R2010b, have been tested for production use, and are available for download.
What's New in Release 2010b
Release 2010b includes new features in MATLAB and Simulink, one new product, and updates and bug fixes to 85 other products. Subscribers to MathWorks Software Maintenance Service can download product updates. Visit the License Center to download products, activate software, and manage your license and user information.
New capabilities for the MATLAB product family include:
- Custom enumerated data types, 64-bit integer arithmetic, and desktop enhancements in MATLAB
- GPU computing with CUDA-enabled NVIDIA devices in Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Support for the GigE Vision hardware standard in Image Acquisition Toolbox
- Automated PID tuning in Control System Toolbox
- New System objects for communications design in MATLAB, supporting 95 algorithms in Communications Blockset
- Spline Toolbox capabilities merged into Curve Fitting Toolbox
- OAS and CDS calculations in Fixed Income Toolbox, Reuters Contribute functionality in Datafeed Toolbox, and credit risk enhancements in Financial Toolbox
- Graphical tool for fitting dynamic networks to time-series data in Neural Network Toolbox
- Time lag, error models, and covariate analysis in SimBiology
New capabilities for the Simulink product family include:
- Arrays of buses with For Each subsystems for reducing Simulink model size, simulation time, and data copies for large-scale models
- Subsystem variants in Simulink and atomic subcharts in Stateflow to create reusable model components
- Test harness generation, data logging, and scripted test execution in Simulink Verification and Validation
- Parallel builds of model reference hierarchies with Real-Time Workshop and MATLAB Distributed Computing Server
- SimRF, based on Simscape, including circuit envelope simulation and RF Blockset capabilities
- FPGA Workflow Advisor, critical path highlighting, and DO-254 support in Simulink HDL Coder
- Multicore support for multirate models in xPC Target and xPC Target Turnkey systems
New capabilities for Polyspace code verification products include:
- Web interface for viewing project metrics in Polyspace Server for C/C++ and Polyspace Server for Ada
- Support for all statically enforceable MISRA-C++ coding standards in Polyspace Client for C/C++
1 Part of Release 2010b SP1, which includes bug fixes or updates to ensure compatibility with other products in this Service Pack release.
2 Part of Release 2010b SP2, which includes bug fixes or updates to ensure compatibility with other products in this Service Pack release.
Products with License-Related Changes
Please refer to MathWorks Release 2010b Products with License-Related Changes for details.