Senior Software Project Engineer
The growth of Model-Based Design and automatic code generation has created demand for support of complex production deployments of MathWorks products (Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded Coder, Simulink Design Verifier and other tools). The candidate will support major corporate customers to adopt MathWorks products for Model Based Design. The support will involve recommending technical approaches using the existing products and providing customized solutions for advanced applications. Projects will vary from short duration coaching to extended advanced deployments. This position requires a combination of skills involving software engineering and industry domain expertise.
- Generate excitement, confidence and passion for usage of Model-Based Design with MathWorks products
- Serve as a primary advisor to customers using Simulink, Embedded Coder, and V&V tool.
- Work directly with customers to establish project road maps and technical procedures for Model-Based Design deployments.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with development engineers to implement required features or determine how to use existing features most effectively.
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff.
- Periodic air and ground travel for customer presentation and planning discussions is required (up to 25%). Occasional international travel will also be required.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
MS or Ph.D in Engineering or Computer Science (over 5 years’ experience in other company)
Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans
Effective verbal and written communications skills
Experience with C and MathWorks “M” language
Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-tasks
Fluent Japanese and reasonable English.
- Auto Code Generation Tool experience
- Validation and Verification Tool experience
- Automotive or Aerospace controls/software development experience
- Automotive software architecture experience (AUTOSAR or ISO26262)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here