MATLAB/Simulink Training Engineer
Are you passionate about teaching? Are you interested in training new staff members and coaching and supporting them as they apply new skills? Do you have experience working in control design and automation? Simulink, Stateflow and/or Code Generation products? Do you enjoy implementing and improving processes, leading change management?
You will work with an internal community, which partners with managers and staff to capture and manage product knowledge, create and deliver learning resources to help staff members learn our products. Additionally, you will be working on improving processes, standards, and skills used to develop MathWorks products, and make them great! You’ll research new ideas and provide recommendations and improvements, provide internal consulting, evangelize new tools and standards.
This role requires strong Simulink product knowledge, leadership, communication skills, creativity, and ability to take initiatives.
- Find creative ways to train, coach and support staff members’ technical learning. For example, designing training content and delivering as instructor-led training events and self-serve resources based on their learning needs. Evaluate impact with Kirkpatrick Level 1-4 evaluations.
- Facilitate organizational adoption of new content, processes, and standards through thoughtful change management strategies. Plan and conduct rollouts and help staff members successfully adopt new practices. Report out to senior staff on progress against business drivers
- Develop a deep understanding of software development concepts, practices, and tools used at MathWorks and within the industry
- Work with senior leaders to identify issues and opportunities related to supporting our Development teams. Develop clear, well-scoped problem statements and drive related projects to completion
- Identify internal experts and ensure key knowledge is captured and shared. Continuously review, catalog and promote user-created documentation and resources. Facilitate and grow internal communities of practice
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Master's or PhD, ideally in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience in a software development organization and knowledge of software development lifecycle; agile methods, and object-oriented design.
- Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style and strong group facilitation skills
- Teaching or training experience in academia or industry setup.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles to get results and build strong relationships
- Ability to balance large number of concurrent projects
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here