Application Engineering - Control Design
Application Engineer - Control Design is the technical pre-sales who leads MBD (Model Based Design) implementation in embedded application using MathWorks products in various industries.
MathWorks provides various products to cover MBD life cycle / V model such as plant modeling, control design, validation and verification, auto code and testing.
He/she is expected to promote MathWorks products through customer meetings, private seminars, conferences and/or webinars. It is important to link sales, development, and marketing, so he/she must be an excellent communicator.
- Providing technical pre-sales support, in understanding and synthesizing customer requirements, then explaining the features and capabilities of our products and related third party products relative to their specific needs.
- Preparing and delivering product presentations to customers. These are delivered during customer meetings and during marketing seminars where large audiences exist.
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and simulation models. These are generally used as support for a sales call or to make a solution clear relative to an application support assignment.
- Providing technical support to customers who require guidance on how to use evaluation products for their adaption of MathWorks product.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Japan.
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or Simulink (or similar tools)
- Knowledge of MBD is a plus
- Knowledge of control design and/or plant modeling is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of C/C++ is a plus
- Fluency in Japanese
- Business level English communication skill is a plus
- Team work
- Motivation for customer facing activities
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here