Senior Application Engineer - MATLAB
Join our dynamic team that combines passion for maths, engineering and MATLAB. Our customers are leading innovation across the breadth of UK industry: automotive, aerospace, finance, biotech - and many others. Accelerate this innovation by leveraging your technical expertise and interpersonal skills to give sound recommendations on how MathWorks solutions can improve the customers’ development and business processes.
Collaborate with your colleagues from engineering, sales and marketing to help the active adoption of MathWorks solutions.
Inspire customers to expand technological horizons.
Shape MATLAB for the future.
- Solving challenging data analysis and modelling problems for a breadth of applications including: data analytics, signal and image processing, computational biology and finance
- Supporting MATLAB adoption by analysing customers’ requirements, guiding product evaluations and creating proof of concepts
- Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in the United Kingdom
- First class degree from a top university, in a technical subject e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science
- 3 years of professional work experience or a PhD
- Experience of using MATLAB
- Programming experience in other languages, e.g. in C, C++, C#, Java, Python
- Good communication and presentation skills
Most travel will be 1-2 day trips within the UK. Occasional travel to MathWorks headquarters in the US should be expected, and occasional international travel assignments may also be possible.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here