We are looking for a senior software engineer to join our product development team in Hyderabad, India building a modern web UI platform. Our team is responsible for the development of a core framework central to the evolution of MATLAB, Simulink, and our other products. You will work with a group of forward thinking, cross-functional engineers to deliver well-crafted, high quality user interface components. In this position, you will help set product technology direction, and will guide and influence collaborating teams.
- Strong software engineering skills with industry experience delivering commercial software
- Create well-designed, consistent, and comprehensive APIs
- Design and evolve our CSS codebase using modular development patterns (BEM, OOCSS, etc.), and CSS preprocessors
- Design and develop tests for web UI code using various testing frameworks (QUnit, FuncUnit, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.) to deliver high quality, well tested solutions
- A passion for quality and delivering testable, and well tested, solutions
- Lead cross functional project teams to deliver features in a fast paced Agile environment
- Prepare and present design specifications to colleagues
- Mentor and assist engineers on the team
- Experience with CSS
- Experience with HTML
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with the design and development of reusable components that are used by other groups or teams
- Web application system architecture design experience (full stack architecture)
- Excellent design skills, familiarity with Agile development practices, continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated testing
- Some experience with Web Components, WebWorkers, EcmaScript 2016, WebSockets
- Experience with package management systems (npm, Maven, etc.)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here