Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer you will help make our customers successful in the usage of MATLAB and our portfolio of MathWorks products. This involves resolving customer reported issues in a wide area of products, applications, and industries. You provide technical support to the customers who mainly use MATLAB as a programming language. In addition, by providing feedback to our development organization, you enable the continuous improvement of our product lines. The feedback that you provide to our organization will be very helpful in understanding the needs of our customers. The Technical Support Engineer role allows you to identify and develop your technical, professional, and personal skills for a successful technical career at MathWorks.
You provide the Technical Support service to customers who work for advanced research and development by using MathWorks products. The Technical Support includes:
- Providing solutions that can resolve customers’ issues by leveraging MATLAB / Simulink as the standard tool for control design application
- Demonstrating the detailed usage for control design by using basic examples if needed
- Resolving complex problems, like issues caused by technical operation of multiple products, in practical stage of MBD process
- Contributing to resolving customers’ issues by understanding the needs to the advanced research and development, and by providing feedback to developers
- Collaborating with appropriate departments in case unable to provide the direct solutions or the simple solutions to customers
- Creating Article (FAQ) to accumulate our technical knowledge and to provide self-serve answer system to customers
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Japan.
The MathWorks has a passion for lifelong learning anchored in its core values. Because this position is extremely challenging and involves continuous learning and development, you must be extremely motivated and love to learn.
We also require:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese required.
- Strong commitment to learning and personal development.
- Spoken English skills required.
- Awareness of developing control design algorithms.
- Awareness of implementation of control systems by using microcomputer or DSP
- Knowledge of MATLAB / Simulink.
- Knowledge of other MathWorks products.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here