Technical Account Manager - Automotive in the Chubu area
As a Technical Account Manager, you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to the automotive company and its suppliers, which are some of the most strategic MathWorks customers. By leading car manufacturer develops automotive systems through the use of Technical Computing and Model-Based Design with MATLAB and Simulink with gaining a deep understanding of the customer’s workflow and business initiatives, your goal is to help the customer realize the improved business impact of using MathWorks solutions. Your industry knowledge and technical insights of the development of the automotive systems will enable you to establish trusting long term relationships with the customer. You will provide guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
Travel can be expected between 25-50%, generally throughout Japan. At least 50% of the time will be spent interacting with the customer either onsite or remotely.
A MathWorks Technical Account Manager works with customers to achieve customer success by teaming with Sales, Marketing and other technical teams to:
- Broaden Adoption of our products by building awareness, finding new users, increasing the proficiency of current users, and encouraging the reuse of customer IP/tools across the customer userbase to help them maximize their ROI
- Deepen Adoption of our products by helping customers realize the benefits that comes from deepening tool usage and the reuse of artifacts throughout their product life cycle to help them reduce their development cost, thereby maximizing the ROI of what the customer already uses; also, identify and address further areas of improvement in the customer’s workflow
- Develop and maintain long-term End User Relationships by providing excellent technical/customer service by identifying and removing issues that reduce customer product usage benefits
- Establish Management Relationships by helping our customers have product/program success to become their premier solutions provider; this is accomplished by being a part of the customer’s business planning and playing a significant role in the formulation of solutions to customer’s issues
- Support Sales with Senior & Strategic Relationships by delivering business value across our customer’s organization to become their foremost trusted advisor and strategic technology partner; this is accomplished by becoming an integral part of the customer’s business and aiding the development of executive relationships between MathWorks and the customer
To achieve above responsibilities, the Technical Account Manager should develop or contribute to the account plan through strategic account development discussions with sales team. The Technical Account Manager should own the technical part of the account plan, which includes technical adoption roadmap, product/application area strategy, technical engagement strategy, technical service strategy, etc.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Working experience with automotive development processes
- Working knowledge of Model-Based Design process and its implications for system development is a prerequisite
- Direct experience with MathWorks tools deployed in a production workflow
- Ability to extract the technical challenges and their business impact
- Highly motivated towards working directly with customers, showing strong business acumen
- Ability to adjust communication style for executives and end users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- English language skill
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here