Embedded Systems - Software Engineer in Test
As an Embedded Systems Engineer in Test you will be part of a dynamic team of engineering professionals responsible for verifying and testing MathWorks state-of-the-art FPGA and ARM/Linux System-on-Chip (SoC) platform targeting solutions. These solutions allow our users to take their digital communications and vision algorithms from MATLAB and Simulink onto real-time hardware implementations. Using your embedded software and hardware skills you will help to further our automatic code generation and targeting technologies, ensuring they are of the highest quality.
Working closely with Engineering, Documentation, Usability and Support teams, you will develop innovative and efficient test infrastructure to verify new features and qualify bug fixes. Being an active participant in the development organization you will be involved in software design and development from its early stages all the way to the product release.
As part of the Quality Engineering organisation you will support and champion MathWorks primary goal of delivering high quality software to our customers:
- Architect and design test harnesses and infrastructure to support solutions allowing hardware/software partitioning with embedded ARM FPGA processors, HDL IP and external peripherals.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews; develop test strategies for new features, authoring test plans and test procedures; ensure testability of features, engaging with developers throughout the design phase.
- Implement automated tests and test-tooling that validates software functionality and protects against regressions. Perform bug analysis, review and triage bugs, work with Engineering and management to categorise and prioritise.
- Partner with developers to develop comprehensive test strategies including unit, sub-system and system-level testing.
- Interface with vendor tools such as Vivado & Quartus and hardware platforms such as Xilinx and Altera SoCs.
- Work with application-specific hardware such as RF (radio frequency) transceivers, video sources, external memory and other peripherals that connect using SPI and I2C.
- Drive continuous improvement to the quality of MathWorks products and processes.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Previous experience of working in a software development environment.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink.
- Exposure with C/C++ programming for embedded systems.
- Exposure with programming languages Java, Perl and Python.
- Knowledge and experience of embedded system concepts.
- Experience with Linux development is a plus
- Knowledge of Signal Processing and Communications Systems.
- Experience with SoCs like Xilinx Zynq.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here