Asia Pacific Human Resources Manager
You will manage a growing team of HR professionals across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. Currently offices are located in Japan, China, Korea, India, and Australia.
You will collaborate with corporate HR to facilitate regional and country specific delivery of HR services including Recruitment, Employee Relations, Organization Development, Training, Compensation, Benefits, HRIS, and Administration. Partnering with the business leaders in each country office, you will help coach management and support the achievement of business results. In addition, you will:
- Provide interpretation and guidance on HR policies and procedures.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with corporate HR to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Apply knowledge of current legal requirements to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Work with local management and recruiting to ensure country hiring plans are met with quality staff
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to management and staff
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues
- Identify training needs and support a learning culture
- Provide input and guidance on workforce planning and reorganizations
- Support company values and culture
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- B.S. Degree in Business Management, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- 15+ years of generalist experience, including Business Partner/Organizational Development support role.
- 7+ years of management experience.
- Experience in Asia Pacific HR for a Multi-national company is essential; high tech industry including sales and service organizations preferred.
- Strong knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, training, and organization development
- Ability to work effectively with remote organizations and manage remote staff in multiple locations.
- Deep knowledge of legal and statutory requirements and/or strong network of contacts for applicable countries within Asia.
- Able to see the big picture and work on strategy while being hands on with the day to day function.
- Demonstrated ability to coach management teams and communicate effectively across cultures.
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving, project management, and change management skills.
- Process and detail-oriented; passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Computer skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Japanese, Chinese, or Korean language skills a plus.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here