Senior UX Researcher - Signal Processing and Communications
- Do you want to work with products that make the world a better place?
- Interested in being a core member of development teams advocating for the user throughout the development process?
- Ready to take your experience collecting and documenting user requirements and testing and evaluating user interfaces to the next level?
- Enjoy leading teams and mentoring junior staff?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you! Learn more about our department.
Our UX team has over 80 passionate professionals experienced in user research, usability testing, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and UX and UI design. UX team members are embedded with their product teams and contribute throughout the entire product development life cycle, from product inception to product maintenance and enhancements. They are regarded as strategic business partners.
You will be responsible for planning and leading UX research activities related to MathWorks products and/or Web applications in the signal processing and communications space.
- Work collaboratively with developers and cross-functional team members to brainstorm, research, plan, design and test innovative solutions to modern day scientific and engineering problems.
- Lead, plan and facilitate a variety of user research and UX testing methods depending on the needs of the project. UX methods include quantitative and qualitative user research and statistical analyses, usability testing, workflow visualizations, customer interviews, surveys, and other innovative UX assessments.
- Collaborate on paper and digital prototypes of varying fidelity.
- Help teams interpret and understand user feedback and user research and testing results, and convert these insights into actionable design decisions.
- Contribute to requirements and design specifications.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree (bachelor's or a master's in Engineering or Computer Science)
- Proven track record leading UX research activities including formative and evaluative usability studies, customer interviews, surveys, diary studies and analyses of quantitative and qualitative user data
- At least one of the following:
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB/Simulink)
- Experience in Signal Processing and Communications domains (e.g., audio, image, DSP, robotics and autonomous systems)
- Experience applying quantitative research and analytical techniques
- Application Programming Interface(API) design and research experience
- Proven track record leading projects and collaborating with others
- Highly organized and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here