Development Process Improvement Engineer
Do you want to expand on and use your leadership and communication skills while working on technical projects in software development?
You will work with an internal community of software engineers to improve our software development practices. Sample topics include but aren’t limited to:
- Programming languages & technical learning
- Software development workflows
- Architecture, compilers and software design
You’ll evangelize new tools, establish standards and best practices, and create and deliver learning resources.
- Work with senior leaders to identify issues that impact organizational goals related to software development. E.g. code reviews, agile methods, and object-oriented design
- Develop a deep understanding of software development practices and tools used at MathWorks and within the industry.
- Identify internal experts and ensure key knowledge is captured and shared. Continuously review, catalog and promote user-created documentation and resources. Facilitate and grow internal communities of practice
- Create new processes, resources and reference content both on your own and as part of a cross-functional team. Pilot new content and help develop new standards with supporting resources.
- Facilitate organizational adoption of tools and standards through thoughtful change management strategies.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelor's or Master's or PhD, ideally in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Strong communication skills including writing, presentation, and group facilitation.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and roles.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here