Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Would you like to join a world class User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems for desktop, web and mobile platforms?
Working with cross-functional teams you will lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs “go live” to delight our users across the globe.
We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective designs for software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if:
- You are enthusiastic about resolving user problems through phenomenal design
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
- You enjoy driving the full range of design activities from concepting through final visual design
- Work with quality engineering, development, and marketing teams to understand MathWorks product and branding directions and develop appropriate and consistent design solutions
- Work with project partners to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and project partner's vision.
- Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to determine which ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on usability testing, standard methodologies and technical input
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and web.
- Help promote standard methodologies in design, usability, and accessibility within the design and engineering teams and across the company
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree (bachelor's or a master's in Engineering or Computer Science) is preferred
- Experience crafting user experiences in technical/engineering domains
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with development teams
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
- Experience communicating sophisticated interaction design ideas with clarity and persuasion
- Desktop and Web application design experience
- Portfolio available for viewing, highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions linked in your resume is required to be considered for this opportunity
- To all recruitment agencies: MathWorks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not submit resumes to our career site or to our MathWorks staff. MathWorks is not responsible for any fees for resumes submitted by an agency.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.