Software Engineer - Data Acquisition Toolbox
Join our team and develop the technologies and applications that enable scientists and engineers to acquire, analyze and visualize sensor data within the MATLAB technical computing environment.
As a member of the Data Acquisition Toolbox team, you will own and drive projects through all phases of the design, development, and testing of software that enables users to connect MATLAB with industry standard file formats and data acquisition devices from vendors such as National Instruments, Analog Devices, and Measurement Computing. You will design and develop new product features, and improve existing functionality using agile development processes. Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Requirements gathering
- Functional and Architecture design
- Design reviews
- Implementation and code reviews
- Unit testing
The position requires C++ development experience and interest in developing software to interface with sensor measurement hardware. You will work closely with other developers, quality engineers, user experience specialists, documentation specialists and customer facing engineers to develop and document features for the toolbox.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Programming experience with C++
Some additional qualifications are any combination of the following:
- Experience working with devices used to acquire analog and digital sensor data
- MATLAB programming skills
- Familiarity with software design patterns and object-oriented design
- Experience working with C/C++ third-party libraries
- Experience working with Agile development processes
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.