Technical Writer - Robotics
Do you have a strong aptitude and desire to write about technical topics? Do you have a background in robotics or deep learning? Come join a team at MathWorks that writes online content for MATLAB and Simulink users in the robotics and deep learning deployment domains. We are looking for individuals to develop content that shows creative ways to design and deploy algorithms to robotics platforms and deep learning systems. As integral members of multidisciplinary product teams, our technical writers help shape the design of cutting-edge software.
Write user-focused content that explains concepts and techniques for using MathWorks software to develop algorithms and deploy them to robotics or deep learning platforms
Develop examples and tutorials to demonstrate how to connect MATLAB and Simulink with robotics or deep learning platforms
Document the use of robotics algorithms for autonomy and navigation
Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to research information needs
Participate in design reviews for robotics and deep leaning deployment features
- Help MathWorks develop next-generation online resources
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Ability to learn and explain robotics workflow concepts and procedures in writing or in the classroom
- Ability to develop and document simple, creative demonstrations of practical solutions to common hardware design challenges
- 2+ years of experience with strong knowledge of hardware or software programming languages
- Basic understanding of Deep Learning
- Experience writing about APIs and other technical content for engineering audiences
- Experience with robotics development (either in a research or commercial setting)
- Experience with RobotOS (ROS)
- Experience with deploying Deep Learning models
- Experience with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, TurtleBot, or Baxter
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.