Technical Account Manager in Automotive Industry
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM) at the MathWorks you will play a key role in managing the technical relationship with companies in automotive industry
You will leverage your industry experience and technical expertise in vehicle systems, automated driving system, control system design, modeling and simulation, or embedded software development to understand customer workflows, challenges, and key business initiatives.
With that knowledge, you will paint a vision of how MathWorks products can accelerate the pace of their development and innovation. You will also establish yourself as a trusted advisor to strategic MathWorks customers and provide technical leadership by providing guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
You will partner with engineers and managers as a trusted technical advisor and help them advance their ability to make data driven business decisions and improve their product development processes.
You will help shape the way the company develops their products and process through the use of the MathWorks’ product families: MATLAB, Simulink and PolySpace.
A MathWorks Technical Account Manager works with customers to achieve customer success by teaming with Sales, Marketing and other technical teams to:
Broaden Adoption of our products by building awareness, finding new users, increasing the proficiency of current users, and encouraging the reuse of customer IP/tools across the customer userbase to help them maximize their ROI
Deepen Adoption of our products by helping customers realize the benefits that comes from deepening tool usage and the reuse of artifacts throughout their product life cycle to help them reduce their development cost, thereby maximizing the ROI of what the customer already uses; also, identify and address further areas of improvement in the customer’s workflow
Develop and maintain long-term End User Relationships by providing excellent technical/customer service by identifying and removing issues that reduce customer product usage benefits
Establish Management Relationships by helping our customers have product/program success to become their premier solutions provider; this is accomplished by being a part of the customer’s business planning and playing a significant role in the formulation of solutions to customer’s issues
Support Sales with Senior & Strategic Relationships by delivering business value across our customer’s organization to become their foremost trusted advisor and strategic technology partner; this is accomplished by becoming an integral part of the customer’s business and aiding the development of executive relationships between MathWorks and the customer
To achieve above things, Technical Account Manager should develop or contribute to the account plan through strategic account development discussions with sales team. The Technical Account Manager should own the technical part of the account plan, which includes technical adoption roadmap, product/application area strategy, technical engagement strategy, technical service strategy, etc.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in Korea.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Degree(s) in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in or with Automotive Industry
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with customers or counterparts outside your organization.
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and have affinity for business development.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations.
- Experience developing models and simulation.
- Technical sales experience.
- Ability to adjust communication style for executives and end users
- Working experience with automotive development processes or related standards (A-SPICE, ISO 26262, and so on)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.