Software Engineer - Block Graphics UI
Come join a new team of highly motivated and skilled engineers to develop next generation SVG icon design tool that helps users to design expressive and animated block icons in Simulink. Simulink is a world-renowned tool for model-based (block diagram) design, where dynamic system models are used to go from concept to simulation to implementation via automatic code generation.
As a member of this team you will be responsible for design and development of Block Icon Editor. Over time, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the Simulink “engine” and will be responsible for ensuring its integrity and architectural consistency.
- As a software engineer you will be responsible for all stages of software development including requirements specifications, design, architecture, implementation and testing.
- You will work with cross functional teams including user experience specialists to help design and implement a comprehensive tool based on customer workflows.
- You will leverage your presentation, communication and inter-personal skills to get your design/architecture across and drive the project forward.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Familiarity with software engineering methodologies
- Quality oriented with an appreciation for craftsmanship
- Excellent project coordination, planning, and execution skills
- Knowledge of MATLAB, C++ and/or Simulink is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.