User Experience (UX) Designer
Would you like to join a world class User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems?
Come join our cross-functional team and lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs “go live” to delight our users across the globe.
We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective designs for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if:
- You are enthusiastic about resolving user problems through phenomenal design
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
- You enjoy driving the full range of design activities from concepting through final visual design
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand MathWorks product directions and develop appropriate and consistent design solutions
- Collaborate with teams to define the design systems for MathWorks products
- Work with team to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and product vision.
- Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to determine which ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on usability testing, standard methodologies and technical input
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and web.
- Help promote standard methodologies in design, usability, and accessibility within the design, engineering teams and across the company
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software/web design
- A STEM Degree
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch and other relevant design tools
- Experience collaborating with highly technical development teams
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
- Knowledge of programming workflows, developer environments, or technical computing software
- Responsive and accessible design experience is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.