Senior Motor and Power Control, Product Manager
Are you an experienced control system engineer with a passion for digital control of motors and power electronics using MATLAB and Simulink? Do you enjoy working with both the internal engineering team as well as customers? Do you feel you got a natural aptitude to explain complex technical topics? Here is your opportunity to work for one of the leading engineering software companies in a technical marketing role that demands a healthy mix of strong technical know-how and a market-focused eye for business, and cross-functional interations across country boundaries!
You’ll use your experience with designing and implementing control algorithms to promote and guide the development of our next generation of motor and power control design tools. You are familiar with MATLAB and Simulink alongside Model-Based Design, using which engineers model, simulate, and test sophisticated control design on desktop and real-time hardware, and accelerate development of production quality embedded code.
As a Product Manager, with inbound/outbound technical marketing responsibilities, you will work closely with our development and sales teams to formulate product strategies to guide the roadmap of the motor control design and implementation product portfolio, identify and support appropriate marketing strategies, and enable the field engineers and sales worldwide to achieve revenue goals.
- Collect and synthesize customer requirements from internal and external sources to drive product strategy
- Collaborate with Product engineering leads to help define and evolve product positioning, roadmaps, assess and prioritize new features based on market needs and demands
- Be responsible for the planning and creation of content, ensuring consistent and reinforcing messages to drive awareness and adoption across all channels and global locations, including but not limited to web pages, marketing through paid search or social media offers, product videos, PR byline articles, conference talks, and more.
- Build and maintain technical product examples that involves software and motor-control hardware for use by field engineering and sales personnel.
- Identify champion users, and produce technical papers, articles, and customer reference stories in support of the product area.
- Plan and lead competitive analysis for your product area and develop a strong positioning and response.
- Support the sales and technical field organizations when working directly with key customers, while driving major marketing or sales campaigns.
- Drive and own the Go-to-Product, Go-to-Market, and Go-to-Launch activities for any new product offerings
- Develop and maintain a strong web presence for the products you own, analyze web traffic and optimize web pages for search efficiency (WSM) and readability.
- Work with microcontroller and FPGA hardware partners on joint marketing and sales activities.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert (SME) for your application area and geographical region (APAC)
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
You have a proven understanding of motor control algorithms and concepts and be familiar with the Model-Based Design using Simulink for designing, implementing and testing of motor and power control algorithms on embedded software and hardware. Experience with Simulink and deploying/writing motor controller code for embedded microcontroller and /or FPGA deployment hardware is highly desirable. Proven experience in automotive, industrial automation, aerospace/defense, process control or related industries is also desired. MBA or equivalent experience preferred. The following additional skills are a strong plus:
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
- Applications Engineering or Technical Marketing Experience
- Knowledge in motor and power control concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong overall marketing, research, and planning skills
- Experience and skills in customer interaction highly desired
- Ability to efficiently prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- You are willing to travel up to 20% of the time
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.