Software Developer - Tools & Infrastructure
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for designing and developing applications for the test infrastructure within MathWorks. You will have the opportunity to get involved in areas such as building microservices that incrementally automate workflows, facilitate test failure investigations and enhance test infrastructure efficiency. You will develop in a variety of languages, and implement web services & backend-end services. You will have opportunities to incorporate text analytics & machine learning techniques within the test infrastructure.
- Work with Development teams to identify time critical automated test infrastructure requirements, prototype pilot solutions and integrate production quality solutions into the MathWorks development processes
- Develop web-based applications to automate test failure reproduction, defect localization, and more.
- Work with the development organization to provide a world-class support experience to the wider MathWorks development organization
- Take ownership of existing software and work on its enhancements such as data-driven test selection, test run-environment configuration, and automated test execution
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- B.E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant technical field
- Strong knowledge in one of Go/Node.js/Python/Perl. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented design and programming
- Comfortable with interface design and refactoring
- Familiarity with full-stack Web development using relevant technologies
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering high-quality software
- Exposure to industry standard Software Development practices such as; Unit Test Frameworks, Iterative Development, CI/CD
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- "Toolsmith" attitude, craftsman, enjoys writing utilities and automating processes to streamline development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.