Sales Account Manager - Education
MathWorks has a strong commitment to education. It comes from believing in the power of learning and the ability of engineering, science and math to find innovative solutions to real-world problems. More than 5000 universities worldwide use MathWorks products and services for their inspiration and innovation. Academia is a top priority for MathWorks since the beginning.
As a Sales Account Manager, you will sell MathWorks Software (MATLAB & Simulink products family) and services in the educational market. You will be working with universities and Kosen. Your responsibility includes developing new business and managing renewal process for Campus-Wide Licenses.
You will be employing advanced sales strategies and tools to position the educational value and economic impact of our products and services to our customers. You will join a dynamic team in a fast growing market and work closely with local and international marketing and technical experts.
- Develop and build higher level customer relationships within existing accounts as well as finding new customers through prospecting
- Effectively present our technical and business value propositions to existing and potential clients
- Skilled in consultative selling, with a deep understanding of the client’s needs and MathWorks capabilities
- Responsible for the business and technical solution and value proposition
- Develop and execute account and strategic territory sales planning, identifying and prioritizing opportunities and developing client-valued solutions
- Develop and manage a funnel of activities. Document and report sales activities using an advanced CRM system
- Collaborate closely with the technical, marketing and sales teams
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Minimum of three years direct sales experience
- Bachelor's in the technical, science or business field is preferred
- Demonstrated success managing a territory and using a CRM system
- Experience in "Enterprise" selling such as Campus-wide License, Enterprise Agreement (EA) is a very strong plus
- Proven track record of selling and surpassing sales targets with data and/or technology solutions
- Proven hunting abilities for new accounts and outstanding track record in account management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good written and verbal English language skills (TOEIC 650 or above)
- A team player able to support colleagues to achieve common goals
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.