Software Developer - Semantic Search
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual for a team based in Bangalore, working on search technologies for the Simulink product. It involves traditional searching for retrieval of information, improving quality of results by better inferring the context, and intent, to name a few. If you can relate with most of the items listed below, we would like to hear from you
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy working on a large C++ code-base.
- Have a keen eye for quality and detail.
- Enjoy math and statistics
Prior experience in search technologies or knowledge of Statistics, DataScience is a plus.
- Work with various teams within MathWorks to gather requirements, refine on design, and arrive at a solution.
- Create proof of concepts for new solutions.
- Design API, backend, and front-end.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Programming experience in C++
* Experience in Search technologies
* Experience in sql / lucene / solr
* Knowledge of Fundamentals of Statistics
* Good Communication skills
* Knowledge or experience in Natural Language Processing
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.