User Experience Manager
As a UX Manager, you will set the direction and standard of excellence for UX Design and Research practices through excellence in UX practice, powerful and creative design, and strong cross-functional collaboration. As a member of the management team you will lead the ongoing growth and development of an exciting, innovative UX organization.
- Advocate for customer centric design, usability and accessibility across the organization.
- Partner with leadership and cross functional teams to envision and deliver powerful, high-quality designs that continuously improve our customer’s workflows and experience.
- Drive and evangelize product design consistency through the governance and evolution of design systems.
- Partner with engineering leadership in bi-annual release planning to ensure the right UX resource prioritization and work with UX Researchers and Designers to plan UX activities.
- Initiate collaboration with peers and stakeholders to ensure delivering high-quality products through the entire design and development process.
- Empower, retain and grow a UX team to help achieve great performance, awesome teamwork, and a fun, vibrant UX and design community.
- Provide coaching and feedback to direct reports to help grow functional skills and leadership capability for UX Designers and UX Researchers, with support from senior leadership.
- Help make the connections and connect the dots for your UX team and other UX and product teams in other MathWorks locations.
- Manage the User Experience Lab, contribute to the maintenance, processes and policies related to the lab.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Experience with developing, applying, and presenting on UX metrics and evaluation, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience in UX leadership, strategy, and operations, with a focus on designing and developing both commercial web and desktop software applications and services
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Effective development of leadership and technical talent within staff/organization
- Expertise in process improvement and change management
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.