Revenue Accounting Associate 3
This position reports to Japan Revenue Accounting and Controls Manager and is a key facilitator of MathWorks Japan / APAC revenue booking and order management team supporting the sales organization.
The position will support the entire order to cash workflow including order processing, billing, revenue accounting and collection.
You will work directly with the field sales teams in coordinating defined processes for orders of product, license, maintenance, and related serviceｓ such as training and consulting. With supportive customer-facing experience, you will review purchase order discrepancies related to pricing, purchase order terms, etc.
The knowledge of software revenue recognition guidelines, internal MathWorks policies and experience with Japanese billing and invoicing processes will ensure that this process is in support of the company’s worldwide revenue and financial practices.
You will also be tasked to reconcile cash and A/R account, as well as maintaining the credit and collections portfolio of the assigned revenue territory.
You may need to cover the same responsibilities described as above for other international offices, primarily in the APAC region. Also, you may be tasked to join international projects working with staff members in worldwide offices related to your responsibilities, such as process improvement or system implementation.
- Validate each sales quote with the corresponding customer order (P.O.) including license configuration, pricing, discounts, terms and conditions in accordance with The MathWorks licensing standards. Maintain the integrity of all customers, contact, and installed product databases.
- Release orders for purchase orders which satisfies MathWorks criteria and confirm those are delivered to customer in a timely manner without any fail.
- Invoice to the customer after order release. Invoice is sent to customer automatically by ERP or manually by RAC associate. Set up customer profiles in order to send invoice automatically.
- Follow all established export control policies regarding end use and end user controls. File shipping export declarations as required meeting government regulatory compliance standards.
- Perform required Accounts Receivable functions including, credit, collections, cash receipts, credit card processing, electronic transfers, etc. Manage a customer portfolio by actively contacting customers in order to maintain a healthy DSO
- Generate monthly/quarterly operational metrics and revenue reporting.
- Contribute international project related to your responsibilities, such as process improvement or system implementation.
- Work on projects and initiatives when required. Actively contribute to internal waste reduction and business process improvement activities pertaining to the functional area of responsibilities.
- A bachelor's degree and 1 year of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- University business degree
- 3-Year of Professional work experience
- Japanese Language (Native Level)
- English (Advanced Level, TOEIC 850+)
- Microsoft office tool skills (Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneNote and Teams)
- Knowledge and system skills including use of Order Management programs, ERP, CRM (Oracle, SAP). Need to be a "hands on user”
- Professional and positive attitude, Team-worker
- Relevant order management knowledge including adhering to database and pricing standards, software license configuration and shipping requirements.
- Experience in reporting tool (Business object, Power BI)
- Experience of working with a Sales organization with the ability to review order pricing, terms & conditions, and bill to information
- Experience in working in multi-national company.
- Project Management skills to support international projects such as process improvement or system update.
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time to time.
Nice to Have:
- Legal Services related work. Experience in reviewing contracts such as NDA, software contract and other agreement. Knowledge about Contractual law, a plus
- Credit and collections experience
- Experience with analysis and financial review
- B.S. with an accounting, or law concentration are welcome.
- Chinese Language, Korean Language
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.