Application Engineering Manager
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
We are seeking an experienced leader to manage a team of Application Engineers (AEs) located in our Bangalore and Delhi offices. These AEs are pre-sales engineers who closely collaborate with members of the sales & marketing organizations to build account strategies and engage with customers to enable their success by guiding them throughout a technically complex selling and solution adoption process. The team consists of AEs with expertise and experience ranging across multiple application domains including AI, Wireless/5G, Electrification, Autonomous Systems, Mechatronics, Signal Processing, and Control Design and engages with customers across a wide range of industries.
This role is based in Bangalore and will report to the Head of India Application Engineering. In this role, you will work closely with the India leadership team, the local sales & marketing teams and the global technical, development and marketing teams to maximize the effectiveness of your team. As an Application Engineering Manager, you will need to have a strong industry background and preferably customer-facing experience to be able to understand and lead the team on delivering customer value with MathWorks solutions and services.
- Lead a team of Application Engineers in executing on the Sales team’s goals and strategy, enabling customer success through a deep understanding of MathWorks tools, and building technical and management networks at key customer locations.
- Hire and ramp up new Application Engineers as the need arises.
- Provide coaching and guidance on customer relationship management, responsiveness, and teamwork in providing technical support to our customers. Provide ongoing coaching to team members to ensure their growth and development.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams and leadership to help grow the business.
- Establish and evolve effective business and team goals, strategies and processes through collaboration with the local and global leadership teams.
- Personally engage in select customer activities and manage select customer relationships.
- Experience engaging in thought leadership through publications and or public speaking opportunities eg: Seminars, conferences is a plus
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Knowledge of the R&D processes of hardware and software systems
- Understanding the value of MATLAB/Simulink (or similar products) to our various industry verticals is essential
- Proficient in professional leadership, managing direct reports, and developing high performing technical teams
- Experience managing a team of five plus direct reports
- Customer and business savvy
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Regular travel within India and occasional international travel, including to MathWorks headquarters in the US is required
- Experience working in cross-functional teams in a collaborative manner
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.