Application Engineering Manager - Aero Defense Industry
- Job: 26214-RRAV
- Location: IN-Bangalore
- Department: Technical Sales Engineering
We are seeking an experienced leader for a team of Application Engineers to drive our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design workflows in the Aerospace & Defense industry in India. As a member of our worldwide management team, you will lead a group of tools experts, help define and implement organizational best practices, and contribute to strategic initiatives to achieve business goals and facilitate our customers’ success. In this role, you will collaborate with managers and teams across MathWorks to deliver customer value that drives the success of customers’ strategic vision using our products and services.
This role is based in Bangalore and will report to the Head of India Application Engineering. In this role, you will work closely with the India leadership team, the local sales & marketing teams and the global technical, development and marketing teams to maximize the effectiveness of your team. As an Application Engineering Manager, you will need to have a strong industry background and preferably customer-facing experience to be able to understand and lead the team on delivering customer value with MathWorks solutions and services.
- Lead a team of Application Engineers in executing on the Sales team’s goals and strategy, enabling customer success through a deep understanding of MathWorks tools, and building technical and management networks at key customer locations.
- Hire and ramp up new Application Engineers as the need arises.
- Provide coaching and guidance on customer relationship management, responsiveness, and teamwork in providing technical support to our customers. Provide ongoing coaching to team members to ensure their growth and development.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams and leadership to help grow the business.
- Establish and evolve effective business and team goals, strategies and processes through collaboration with the local and global leadership teams.
- Personally engage in select customer activities and manage select customer relationships.
- Establish MathWorks as an industry leader by engaging with industry consortia and by establishing thought leadership through publications and or public speaking opportunities.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Experience in Aerospace and Defense industry
- This position requires “Indian Citizenship” due to the nature of the customers served
- At least 10 years of experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- At least 5 years managerial experience (software company preferred)
- Experience managing a team of five plus direct reports
- Proficient in professional leadership, managing direct reports, and developing high performing technical teams
- Knowledge of the R&D processes of hardware and software systems
- Experience in using and understanding the value of MATLAB/Simulink (or similar products) is essential
- Customer facing experience (technical support, customer, application engineering). Good business understanding
- Effective leadership and coaching skills: ability to guide, motivate, and inspire others.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills--written/verbal in both a group or individual settings, keeps others informed, involves the right people in decision making, is proactive and displays strong initiative.
- Regular travel within India and occasional international travel, including to MathWorks headquarters in the US is required
- Experience in one of the following areas: data analytics, deep learning, computer vision, signal processing, software application development, embedded devices, physical modeling, or Model-Based Design
- Knowledge of the software development issues and processes in industry
- Very strong knowledge of (and enthusiasm for!) model-based design process and its implications for embedded systems development
- Experience and proven ability of working in cross-functional teams in a collaborative manner
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.