Associate UX Designer - Engineering Development Group
The Engineering Development Group (EDG) is a key leadership development program in MathWorks, enabling candidates from a variety of technical backgrounds to develop and demonstrate their skills for a successful and rewarding career.
As a team member in the EDG for User Experience Designers program, you will enhance your leadership and technical skills, and work on projects with the MathWorks UX Design team. You will contribute to collaborative work with our customers and cross-functional development teams. You will receive mentoring and coaching to transition into a successful role within the MathWorks UX organization. As a UX designer, you will lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs "go live" to delight our users across the globe.
As a member of the EDG for UX Designers program, you will engage with customers across industries to gain the customer perspective and a deeper understanding of MathWorks' suite of products. More specifically, you will:
- Sharpen your technical skills to better understand our platforms and how to leverage them when collaborating with customers.
- Work with quality engineering, development, and marketing teams to understand MathWorks product and branding directions and develop appropriate and consistent design solutions.
- Work with project partners to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and the project partners’ vision.
- Demonstrate technical and leadership skills. Develop leadership skills through opportunities to show initiative, lead process improvements, as well as coach and mentor others.
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and web.
- Help promote standard methodologies in design, usability, and accessibility within the design and engineering teams and across the company.
- Connect with customers on complex technical issues in MATLAB, Simulink, and other MathWorks products.
- Benefit from extensive learning opportunities through training, mentorship, and knowledge-sharing forums.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline with HCI, Design, or similar specialization
- Portfolio available for viewing, highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions linked in your resume
- Experience crafting user experiences in technical/engineering domains
- Programming experience in any programming language (MATLAB, R, Python, C++, Java, JS, etc.)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Prior UX Design experience is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.