Senior Automotive Application Engineer
As an Automotive Technical Account Manager (TAM) you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to strategic MathWorks customers. Utilizing your technical expertise and by gaining a deep understanding of the customer's workflows and business initiatives your goal is to be a change agent helping the customer realize the improved business impact of using MathWorks solutions.
Your industry knowledge and technical insights will enable you to establish trusting long term relationships with the customer and provide technical leadership. You will provide guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
Travel can be expected between 30-40%, generally throughout North America. At least 50% of the time will be spent interacting with the customer either onsite or remotely.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business-critical customer projects
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users
- Understand the customer's business critical projects and their unique workflows
- Champion MATLAB and Simulink usage aligned with customers projects and workflows
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood for future product direction
- Seek out new business opportunities and communicate them to the sales team
- Scope technical projects and coordinate resources to execute the project
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience working in the Automotive or similar industry
- Direct experience with MathWorks tools deployed in a production workflow
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and have affinity to business development
- Able to extract the technical challenges and their business impact
- Capable of working with others to arrive at a consensus and compromise
- Previously influenced internal development processes and decisions
- Able to adjust communication style for executives and end users
- Experience designing ADAS or AV systems is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.