C++ Software Engineer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
The Infrastructure, Architecture and Tools team provides the infrastructure, architecture and development tools that support development activities spanning the entire MathWorks product family. As a member of this team you will contribute to the design, development and interfacing of core software libraries used in the MathWorks family of products.
- As a member of the team contribute to the design, development, and interfacing of the core software libraries
- Help in the selection of methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for globalization of software and internationalization of source code
- Work on products that contain multiple languages and support multiple platforms (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Develop software compatibility layers to facilitate the portable use of core third party libraries such as Boost and ICU, across multiple platforms and compilers
- Investigate bugs in third party software, apply patches and develop local fixes as needed to support MathWorks developers.
- As a member of this cross-functional team, network and collaborate with multiple internal groups to ensure quality of work
- Contribute to the effort of helping and mentoring other developers across all product areas
- Play a role in communicating strategy to the rest of the organization
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Proficiency with C++
- B.E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical field
- Experience working with the latest C++ standard version. Eg. C++11/14/17
- Experience working with 3rd party libraries such as ICU or Boost
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, development environments, and programming languages
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools such as Perforce or Git
- Familiarity with software engineering methodologies
- Quality-oriented with an appreciation for craftsmanship
- Excellent project coordination, planning, and execution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Microservice architecture
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.