C++ Software Engineer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Are you passionate about creating world-class software? Come join us in building cutting-edge numerical design foundation for Simulink modeling environment and its automatic code generation capabilities.
We are seeking innovative and enthusiastic engineers with experience in software system design. As a member of the Simulink Core team, you will help us enhance critical Simulink numerical algorithms, expand its automatic code generation capabilities, maintain competitive edges on our numerical designs, and apply state-of-the-art visualization technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Passionately build Simulink and perfect Model Based Design
- Be part of a global team that develops leading-edge framework and algorithms for Simulink product family
- Learn and collaborate with subject matter experts
- Innovate and advance the technologies driving Simulink
- Relentlessly identify problems in current designs and set a course for improvement
- Participate in every aspect of the development cycle and contribute to the best practices for our development process
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- At least 3 years of practical C/C++ experience
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Experience with commercial software development and large codes bases
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink and knowledge of control systems is a big plus
- Experience with algorithm development is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.