Embedded Software Developer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
As a Software Engineer in the Embedded Targets team, you will shape the future of embedded programming by creating state-of-the-art Model-Based Design solutions. You will apply your embedded expertise with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or similar platforms to architect solutions for deployment of algorithms for robotics, motor control, IoT, AI/ML, audio and video processing on microcontrollers and single board computers. You will collaborate with other top innovators throughout the company to build tools that automatically translate MATLAB and Simulink designs to optimal embedded implementations.
- You will design and develop Model-Based Design code generation capabilities for embedded processors
- As part of a dynamic, high-energy and fast growing team, you will be involved in technical projects from concept to product release.
- You will collaborate with other technical leaders throughout the company to advance code generation technology.
- You will be responsible for software architecture design, code implementation, defining testing strategies, tracking your project and finalizing the product
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience programming in C/C++ for embedded processors
- Experience with embedded development environments: IDEs and debuggers
- Experience implementing device drivers (e.g., PWM, A/D converters, Serial, I2C, SPI, Audio/Video decoders/encoders, etc.)
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with Simulink
- Experience with Artificial intelligence & Machine learning
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience with object-oriented design and analysis (OOAD)
- Experience with integrating run-time libraries
- Experience with Arduino, ESP32, ARM-based platforms like Cortex-M/A/R, TI Launchpads, STM32 Nucleo boards.
- Experience with Linux-based hardware like Raspberry PI 4, BeagleBone, Nvidia Jetson Nano, etc.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.