Embedded Software Engineer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
As a Software Engineer in the Embedded Targets team, you will shape the future of hardware integration within MATLAB and Simulink. You will apply your programming expertise with Windows, Linux, or similar platforms to architect solutions for integrating hardware like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, TI C2000, STM32, Drones and others. You will collaborate with other top innovators throughout the company to build solutions that allow MathWorks to develop support for hardware and help our customers to "Install, and Setup” products.
- You will design and develop installation and hardware setup technologies for both offline and online configurations
- As part of a dynamic, high-energy and fast growing team, you will be involved in technical projects from concept to product release
- You will be responsible for software architecture design, code implementation, defining testing strategies, tracking your project and finalizing the product
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience programming device drivers (e.g.,PWM, A/D converters, Serial, I2C, SPI etc.)
- Experience with embedded development environments: IDEs and debuggers
- Experience with communication protocols(e.g., USB, UART, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Experience developing desktop applications
- Robust knowledge of Object Oriented Design and design patterns
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with integrating run-time libraries
- Experience developing unit tests
- Familiarity with Make, or another build system
- Previous Agile Software Development using Scrum methodologies.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.