Software Engineer - Automotive Data & Connectivity
Develop high quality software to interface MATLAB & Simulink with automotive standards and file formats including MDF, ODS, MDX, and A2L, and automotive networks including CAN, CAN FD, XCP, J1939, and Automotive Ethernet.
Are you interested in developing software tools for automotive applications?
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing interfaces for file formats and message-based protocols used in vehicle applications.
Using your C/C++ programming skills and object-oriented design experience, you will work with stakeholders to research use cases, define cross-team requirements, and perform cross-product development. You will be required to participate in all stages of software design, usability, coding, testing, and documentation.
Individuals with an eye for detail and a willingness to follow sound design practices like test-driven development to produce high quality software are desired.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with CAN Protocol
- Programming experience in C++
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with ASAM standards such as MDF, XCP, A2L, CDF or ODS.
- Experience with J1939, Automotive Ethernet, or similar protocols
- Domain experience with industry standard software for specifying, developing and testing automotive control systems
- Experience using MATLAB / Simulink
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.