MathWorks is seeking a Software Engineering Lead to lead a team responsible for developing and executing on a strategy for how our MATLAB Desktop and other development tools can be improved to support software development workflows inside and outside of MATLAB. This position requires a range of skills including:
- Strong knowledge of web-based application development
- Understanding of Object-oriented programming, design patterns and principles
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with colleagues worldwide
- Manage and mentor a team of 4-5 developers
- Requirements gathering, design, prototyping, and development
- Partner with cross functional teams like Quality Engineering, User Experience, and Program Management to deliver high quality products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline (MS is preferred)
- 2 years of leadership experience is preferred.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and participate in coding projects when necessary is highly desired.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.