Software Engineering Lead - MATLAB Coding Tools
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
MathWorks is seeking a Software Engineering Lead to lead a team responsible for developing and executing on a strategy for how our MATLAB Desktop and other development tools can be improved to support software development workflows inside and outside of MATLAB. This position requires a range of skills including:
- Strong software engineering skills with industry experience delivering commercial software.
- Designing, implementing and testing of software products
- Interacting with customers to understand their workflows and requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with colleagues worldwide
- Manage and mentor a team of 4-5 developers
- Requirements gathering, design, prototyping, and development
- Partner with quality engineering, product marketing, business model and IT resources to deliver high quality products
- Work with usability experts and customer facing engineers on a variety of user-focused activities including usability studies, user workflow analysis, and customer interviews.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline (MS is preferred)
- 2 years of management experience is required.
- Full time experience in the software industry with a proven track record of delivering engineering projects is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to demonstrate experience as a strong team player.
- Knowledge of MATLAB
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Willingness to role up sleeves and participate in coding projects when necessary is highly desired.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.