Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Come join a core development team and enhance the experience of every Simulink customer. Simulink & Stateflow are the products of choice for engineers doing Model-Based Design.
Our customers use our products to:
- Model and simulate dynamic systems (e.g., automobiles, airplanes, spacecraft)
- Design the algorithms needed to control these systems
- Automatically convert these algorithms into code that is used to control the real system
We are looking for highly motivated and adaptable engineers to solve problems ranging from the highly technical (data management, visualization and interfaces) to the human (usability and workflow analysis).
Come help us accelerate the pace of science and engineering!
As part of a core software development team, you'll enhance the capabilities of our customers to configure data in Simulink and efficiently customize their generated code.
- Working directly with customers to understand the requirements to deliver their cutting edge designs
- Designing and implementing new features from scratch
- Development in multiple languages and spanning different technologies
- Working closely within the team and with teams across the organization
- Taking initiative to promote new ideas and opportunities in all stages of software design, coding, testing, and maintenance within an agile team
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Experience with databases, advanced data structures, and algorithm development
- Experience with C++, BOOST, STL, and Design Patterns
- Prior experience in mentoring others, leading projects, or managing teams is preferred
- Technical experience in relevant industries (automotive, aerospace, mechatronics, robotics)
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, or Stateflow is a plus
- Experience with simulation, Controls Theory, and/or Model-Based Design is a plus
- Experience with service-oriented or cloud architecture is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.