Senior Software Developer - Virtual Vehicle Scenario
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Are you are interested in applying your automotive vehicle knowledge to solve complex modeling and simulation framework problems? Do you want to advance state the art vehicle virtualization, performance based simulation, optimization, scenarios and maneuvers, vehicle dynamics, powertrain systems, and autonomous driving? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like to speak with you.
Join our Simulink Core team and be responsible for designing and developing scalable software frameworks and services. Be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for scene and scenario-based driving situations that can be generated automatically, with specific traffic constellations, and unusual road user behavior that push the driving functions to their limits. The situations are replicated in the virtual test environment and can be run through repeatedly to test the driving functions in complete safety and vehicle dynamics.
- Review and qualify virtual test tracks and proving grounds to engineering precision
- Working with worldwide test standards and regulatory mandates
- Scale and synthesize models based on feedback from secondary data sources
- Develop extensive enhancements to advance scene and scenario methods
- Support integration of scene and scenario models with software simulation environments
- Support the development of cloud-based scenario strategy
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Powertrain, Vehicle Dynamics, and Automotive Scenario Modeling is a plus
- Numerical methods and optimization techniques is a plus
- Experience in object-oriented design and building scalable software frameworks and services for desktop applications is a plus
- Experience integrating MATLAB and Simulink with third-party tools is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.