Engineering Technical Writer - Code Generation
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Do you have a strong aptitude for writing, interest in learning new technologies, and a flair for explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences? You might be:
- Experienced in engineering software development, and considering a career change.
- A recent graduate in engineering or computer science with a keen interest in technical communication.
- An experienced writer with a strong technical background.
Come join a team at MathWorks that writes online documentation explaining how to use sophisticated code generation tools for designing and deploying C/C++ code to embedded systems.
At MathWorks, documentation is a key component of our products. Technical writers are integral members of a multidisciplinary team that includes software engineers, quality engineers, technical marketing specialists, and usability professionals, all with a common goal: to develop high-quality software that meets the needs of customers ranging from students to advanced engineers.
We are looking for self-starters with the background, skills, and enthusiasm for communicating creative ways to use MathWorks Simulink and code generation products.
Write goal-oriented content that explains concepts and techniques for generating C/C++ code to be deployed to embedded systems.
- Convey the intricacies of our products through examples, tutorials, and conceptual topics that help customers become productive quickly.
- Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to understand what customers need to learn so they can harness our technologies for addressing real-world engineering challenges.
- Participate with a multidisciplinary team in product planning, design review, and testing to shape the design of our cutting-edge products before they go out the door.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Ability to learn and explain practical engineering concepts and procedures in writing.
Ability to develop and document creative examples of functionality to help users meet real-world design goals.
Experience writing for technical audiences, such as scientists and engineers.
Enthusiastic about working in cross-functional teams.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.