Senior Program Manager - MATLAB Hardware
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
As a Senior Program Manager at MathWorks, you will work on cross-functional teams and programs to develop high-quality software that accelerates the pace of engineering and science. MATLAB Hardware team provides connectivity for Low-Cost / Mass-Market Hardware such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Webcam, IP Camera, Drones and other Experimental Hardware from within MATLAB. In this role, you will be part of the cross-product/cross-functional leadership group that will charter projects and programs to achieve strategic objectives. You will partner with the Engineering Managers and define processes and strategies to plan, prioritize, and execute those projects efficiently and effectively.
- Facilitate planning process to create SMART multi-release plans that aligns with strategic objectives
- Identify dependencies and facilitate communications with dependent/impacted teams to negotiate and establish agreement of responsibilities and plans
- Identify issues and risks, define a mitigation plan and track them to resolution or escalate appropriately
- Champion our core value of continuous improvement. Facilitate problem-solving to identify root causes of issues and ensure countermeasures address the problem effectively. Lead process improvement activities that eliminate significant sources of waste
- Design, pilot, and roll out new processes, best practices, standards, and KPIs as needed to improve team efficiency and effectiveness while avoiding unnecessary duplication of/variation from standard processes
- Evaluate team agile development practices, identify opportunities for improvement, and execute a visible plan for their achievement
- Co-author and execute change management and pilot plans. Gather, analyze, and incorporate feedback
- Monitor KPIs to identify issues in team quality or delivery rate - raise awareness; define, communicate, and track the plan to address those issues
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
- Experience in program management of commercial software
- Ability to understand software technology; able to participate and contribute to technical conversations
- Ability to influence others even when you do not have direct authority over them
- Experience with lean problem-solving methodologies
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Kanban software development methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence is desirable
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, or comparable products is desirable
- Familiarity working with embedded systems is desirable
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.