DSP and Audio Deep Learning Software Engineer in Test
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with a background in Digital Signal Processing to develop automated test suites and conduct hands-on testing of cutting edge features for deploying a variety of DSP and Audio Deep Learning algorithms on to Embedded targets. You will leverage your software development skills to design, develop and deploy world-class test automation software, participate in high visibility projects, leverage new technologies, and participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a team player, motivated by the knowledge that the features they help to develop will be used by thousands of customers around the world. This position is for the engineer who enjoys solving challenging problems, designing and implementing innovative and efficient test infrastructure, improving processes by collaborating with a cross functional team of professionals and domain experts.
- Contribute to the test automation of our world-class software tools for various critical DSP, Audio based generic and Deep Learning algorithms in C/C++ using MATLAB and Simulink.
- Participate in the development process from start to finish, influencing specifications and discussing software design and testability with developers to ensure high quality of our software
- Understand customer workflows and industry practices to develop the best tools for the job
- Write automated test suites using MATLAB and Simulink to test DSP System Toolbox and Audio Toolbox functionality.
- Detecting, investigating and reporting bugs, verifying bug fixes and driving issues through to completion
- Participate in software and testing design reviews and code reviews
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, or MATLAB or any equivalent object oriented programming language
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with colleagues worldwide
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing
- Experience working on DSP and Audio applications.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Demonstrated experience with Embedded platforms.
- Experience working with ARM/x86/DSP processors
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.