Software Engineer in Test - MATLAB File I/O
Join our team and help our MATLAB customers import their data, including big data and work with it in the productive technical computing environment they expect from MATLAB.
You will participate in all phases of the design, development, and testing of I/O capabilities for various data formats including scaling up to big data/cloud environments. As a member of the Quality Engineering department, you will work closely with the Engineering, Documentation and Program Management. You will be involved in the entire development process, including:
- Understanding/providing feedback to software requirements, design and code reviews
- Writing Test Strategy and Test Procedures
- Implementing automated test-suites using MATLAB and Google test framework
- Reporting detected bugs, verifying fixes and final product validation
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong programming skills (C, C++. Python, or MATLAB)
- Good understanding of file I/O and different file formats/storage (csv, json, arrow, hadoop)
- Understanding of Object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience in test automation and test plan creation
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.