Engineering Technical Writer - Automotive Products
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
MathWorks automotive products are powerful software tools that enable engineers to graphically model and simulate complex automotive systems on their computers. Engineers around the world use the tools to develop powertrain and ADAS/AD control systems, reduce fuel emissions, and test vehicle ride and handling.
Do you have a flair for writing and a talent for explaining complex concepts to technical audiences?
Would you like to teach others how to use software tools to solve challenging automotive engineering problems in calibration, powertrains, advanced driver assist systems (ADAS), and automated driving (AD)?
You might be:
- An experienced engineer considering a career change
- An experienced technical writer with a strong engineering or computer science background
- A recent graduate in engineering or computer science with a keen interest in technical communication
Come join a team that writes sophisticated online help content that teaches engineers and students to use our software to solve their challenging engineering problems.
At MathWorks, we take pride in our documentation and it is a fully-integrated part of our software. As an important member of a multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Work with customer-facing groups and engage directly with customers to learn about the challenging, real-life engineering problems they use Simulink to solve.
- Get hands-on with our software and build the knowledge you need to write interesting, realistic tutorials, examples, and procedures for our users.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of a programming language
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.