Systems Engineer - GitHub Infrastructure
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Responsible for developing tools and scripts that will integrate GitHub with our other, internally developed, CI/CD applications and automation. Responsibilities also include the administration and operational aspects of our on-premises GitHub hosting solution as we transition from our current SCM system to GitHub. As part of the Infrastructure, Architecture and Tools team, you will work closely with teams from Development, Quality, and Release Engineering to debug and analyze problems, collect requirements and provide solutions that span various software component and team boundaries.
- Create scripts for the integration and automation of CI/CD functionalities
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot our on-premises GitHub enterprise system
- Deploy, upgrade and patch all GitHub systems
- Ensure the reliability and security of GitHub
- Troubleshoot integrations to and from GitHub
- Help formulating and documenting GitHub best practices and policies
- Provide support of any GitHub issues encountered by enterprise customers
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with administration of Git or Perforce
- Experience with the installation, configuration, and administration of enterprise software systems like GitHub or GitLab
- Good understanding and troubleshooting of networking, operating systems, software debugging, log analysis
- Experience working with Linux
Nice to have:
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience with designing, implementing, and integrating with source code management systems
- Experience with automated CI/CD software and processes
- Experience working with large code bases
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.