Linux System Engineer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Are you looking for a team and a company where your contribution is impactful and valued? Come join MathWorks in our Bangalore office and help us to perform all aspects related to the Linux server operations in MathWorks. A successful candidate will have Linux experience and be willing to learn industry-leading technologies that MathWorks is using within its global infrastructure. The role will provide the opportunity to work within a collaborative, enthusiastic, international team.
This position will have a focus on providing IT System Administration
- Responsible for day-to-day support and triage of issues related to worldwide Hosting operations
- Contribute to troubleshooting and remediation of Hosting failures
- Provide first-level triage for IT Support escalations and related customer issues
- Participation in the Worldwide Hosting operating mechanism
- Automation using scripting and enhancing / re-engineering processes to gain efficiencies
- Proactively documents solutions and transfers knowledge with team members
- Identify opportunities to improve Hosting efficiencies through tooling, process change, automation, etc.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Information Technology
- Linux general knowledge, particularly CentOS, RHCE preferred
- Good knowledge of virtualization, storage, and networking
- General knowledge of hardware setup and maintenance
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and monitoring tools
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced agile environment
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.