Senior Application Engineer - Multi-domain Physical Modeling
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Shape the way industry develops mechanical, thermal, and fluid system through the use of physical modeling and simulation. By partnering with mechanical and control engineers you will help them advance their ability to develop and analyze complex systems.
In this technical pre-sales role, you will use your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools for mechanical/fluid/thermal systems engineering. You will spend most of your time working with various engineering customers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems. These customers will involve manufacturing, research and development, academia, and governmental agencies. This position involves significant deep technical work for proof of concepts and project support to enable sales efforts.
Travel can be expected around 25% generally throughout North America.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflows and recommend effective solutions.
- Develop demonstrations including programs, application examples, and simulations to demonstrate how MathWorks software addresses the needs of our customers.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations at both small and large audience venues.
- Partner with sales representatives to provide technical guidance for selling strategies toward successful achievement of sales goals.
- Advocate for the strategic direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Identify new application areas and work with development and marketing to build compelling messaging and demonstrations.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- MS or Ph.D. in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Background in multi-domain physical modeling and computations.
- Expertise in numerical solution techniques for systems of non-linear differential algebraic equation is desired.
- In depth programming skills in physical modeling software (Simscape Language, Modelica, C, C++, etc.).
- Experience in developing and verifying physical models for the purpose of control design, component sizing, and system performance evaluation.
- Experience in deploying physical models for real time execution using hardware in the loop (HIL) systems.
- Experience developing and verifying simulation models for the purpose of control design, component sizing, and system performance evaluation.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings
- Experience with MathWorks tools or other engineering tools such as ADAMS, AMESim, Dynasty, Modelica, Easy5, veDyna, CarSim, Sabre, or SPICE
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.