Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Be part of the Systems Engineering team responsible for the infrastructure of a highly automated facility that supports building, testing, and releasing of all MathWorks products. We design and implement application infrastructure that increases performance and improves fault tolerance for servers and services that support our Development organization.
You will be the Systems Engineering liaison for product developers at MathWorks Regional Development Centers. You will monitor, maintain, and be responsible for providing Product Development services. The responsibilities involve:
- Maintaining and developing monitoring for the existing infrastructure
- Working with the Systems Engineering team to develop plans to further evolve the system
- Working with Development teams in Regional Development Centers to address issues related to Development services
- Forecasting and planning service requirements, maintenance management, and task automation
- Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues
- Contribute to global development services and infrastructure
- Continuously automate repetetive tasks
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong knowledge of setting up and maintaining system hardware in data centers
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems: Solaris, Linux, MacOS, and Windows
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with multiple storage technologies (NAS, SAN, etc.) and protocols (NFS, CIFS, SMB2)
- Strong Perl, Golang, Python and shell scripting skills
- Experience in working with global teams.
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent learner and self-directed
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance priorities with good time management
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Experience in Openstack or similar cloud technologies
- Experience with Ansible and Git
- Experience in ZFS or filesystem management
- DB management and basic mysql query knowledge
- Experience with open source technologies
- Experience in Dockers, containers
- Experience with RESTful APIs
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.