Multiple Openings - Software Engineer
Join the MathWorks Infrastructure and Architecture team and help to design and implement the next generation of tools and technologies used to build the MathWorks family of products.
- Help extend our toolchain to support the integrated deployment of our products from our current build ecosystem to the cloud
- Design and develop infrastructure to prevent software build problems.
- Optimize the existing build infrastructure workflows for performance.
- Design tools to identify and resolve component dependency issues and insufficiencies
- Innovate to improve existing infrastructure and architect system-wide solutions.
- Participate in porting the codebase to newer compilers, platforms, and C++ standards.
- Contribute to the development of distributed build infrastructure.
- Document work to help train and educate developers about the build system.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- B.E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical field.
- Experience with programming and debugging languages like Golang, Python, and/or Perl
- Experience using GNU make
- Experience with dockers and containers
- Prior experience with developing build systems for a large codebase.
- Experience working with build software distributed systems such as distcc, Incredibuild, Ccache.
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Perforce or Git
- "Toolsmith" attitude, craftsman, enjoys writing utilities and automating processes to streamline development
- Excellent project coordination skills, planning skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent learner and self-directed takes initiative while working within a team context.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and balance priorities with good time management.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, good problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio, Clang, or GCC
- Exposure to the internals of Compiler, Linker or Debugger, etc
- Be comfortable with multiple operating systems, development environments, and languages (C, C++, MATLAB)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.