HR Business Partner
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Build a strong business partner relationship with the management and staff of a designated department and develop a strong understanding of their business, goals, and challenges. Anticipate, assess, and help address systemic issues through facilitation, coaching, counseling, and leading-edge HR technology.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to managers and staff.
- Guide managers and staff on the performance management process.
- Manage and resolve workplace and employee relations matters.
- Collaborate with other HR team members on projects and participate in HR-related programs and practices.
- Support communication, meetings, and training for the performance review program to ensure consistent performance calibration.
- Collaborate with the compensation team and managers to support merit planning and compensation initiatives.
- Respond to requests and gather data to identify trends and propose and develop solutions and best practices.
- Ensure consistency, communication and collaboration in a matrixed and global environment.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources.
An MBA from top tier college.
Experience working in a multi-national product development company.
- A strong understanding of employment law and HR-related policies.
- Experience planning and participating in meetings with managers and staff and working on projects with global HR staff across multiple HR disciplines.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships through effective communications. This includes audience-centered writing, active listening skills, and adjusting verbal communication styles as needed.
- Ability to guide managers and staff through various issues, including performance management and employee relations issues.
- An aptitude for analytics and problem solving, including seeking and diagnosing root causes.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and confidential environment.
- Computer skills in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and HRIS (Workday is a plus).
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.