UAV and Robotics Software Engineer in Test
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with a background in UAV & Robotics to develop automated test suites and conduct hands-on testing of cutting-edge features for deploying a variety of Autonomous Systems algorithms on to UAV & Robotics. You will leverage your software development skills to design, develop and deploy world-class test automation software, participate in high visibility projects, leverage new technologies, and participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle of features developed for UAVs, Ground robots, manipulator robots and more. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a team player, motivated by the knowledge that the features they help to develop will be used by thousands of customers around the world. This position is for the engineer who enjoys solving challenging problems, designing and implementing innovative and efficient test infrastructure, improving processes by collaborating with a cross functional team of professionals and domain experts.
As part of the Quality Engineering organization you will support and champion MathWorks primary goal of delivering high quality software to our customers:
- Design, code, debug, and maintain automated test suites for algorithms and tools implemented in MATLAB and Simulink for Autonomous UAVs and Robots.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews; develop test strategies for new features, authoring test plans and test procedures; ensure testability of features, engaging with developers throughout the design phase.
- Implement automated tests and test-tooling that validates software functionality and protects against regressions. Perform bug analysis, review and triage bugs, work with Engineering and management to categorize and prioritize.
- Partner with developers to develop comprehensive test strategies including unit, sub-system and system-level testing.
- Drive continuous improvement to the quality of MathWorks products and processes
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Knowledge of Autonomous Systems.
- Knowledge of Path/motion Planning related algorithms.
- Experience in verification & validation of Autonomous UAVs and Robotics.
- Experience with any of the open source tools like ROS, Robotics Simulators such as Gazebo.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.