Revenue Accounting Associate
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
The finance team at MathWorks is expanding! MathWorks staff enjoy a hybrid work model featuring both work-from-home flexibility as well as in-office meeting days for optimized collaboration. Join our Revenue Accounting Team to build your next career development step.
Within this role, you will enhance your knowledge of finance, and business operations, and be exposed to the importance of cashflow, tax, accounting, project management, technology/systems, reporting, and analysis. Develop your skills in a specific area that will enable you to transition and advance into other opportunities within MathWorks.
You’ll work with a global team supporting other locations within Asia and the United States to assist customers, sales, and stakeholders to solve operational challenges. You will receive extensive training, mentoring, and coaching. Grow personally and professionally while building a career for the future.
- Understand the order/revenue process and systems associated with the recording of sales orders by ensuring monthly cutoffs are adhered to, products are delivered, taxes are applied correctly, and customer invoices are generated, considering tax certificates for exemptions or reduced rates, freight requirements, “Ship To” and ”Bill To” information, etc.
- Learn the business model associated with licensing software products globally. Manage the life cycle of software maintenance dates for future revenue recognition.
- Adhere to compliance requirements including proper tax assessment, export guidelines, etc.
- Partner directly with leaders of specific business areas throughout the organization to execute the entire quote-to-order process. Work with field sales team in coordinating defined processes for orders of product, maintenance, training, and consulting. Resolve customer and order discrepancies related to pricing, purchase order terms, invoicing, shipments, etc.
- Validate each sales quote with the corresponding customer order (P.O.) including license configuration, pricing, discounts, terms, and conditions in accordance with The MathWorks licensing standards
- Review, assess, and ensure compliance & proper documentation of indirect taxes associated with each billing transaction. Provide cross-country support as required.
- Perform required Accounts Receivable functions including, credit, collections, cash receipts, credit card processing, electronic transfers, etc. Contact with customers for the timely realization of payments
- Work on projects and initiatives as and when required. Actively contribute to internal waste reduction and business process improvement activities pertaining to the functional area of responsibility.
- Expand systems/application capabilities. Become proficient in applications such as Oracle, Business Objects, and Salesforce.
- A bachelor's degree and 1 year of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- A bachelor's degree in Commerce/Economics/Business Administration is required.
- Job experience in finance/accounting/customer service domain from B2B process.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and able to provide solid audit trails.
- Must be self-motivated, able to prioritize, and multitask to meet daily deadlines.
- Technology oriented. Well-versed with the use and comprehension of systems incl. demonstrated capabilities with standard applications (MS-Excel, MS-Power BI)
- Exposure to US Order to Cash process would be an added advantage.
Any prior experience with exposure to the following is a plus:
- High-tech company and transaction database experience
- Credit and collection experience
- Export compliance knowledge
- Systems: troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of requirements
- Foreign language skills
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.